Thursday, May 01, 2008

"Smells like Cartoon Planet -- Whooo-wheee!"

Remember Cartoon Planet?

No? Not sure? Wikipedia sez,

Cartoon Planet was an animated variety show that premiered in 1995 on Superstation TBS, and afterwards from 1996 to 1999 on Cartoon Network. A spin-off of the successful Space Ghost: Coast to Coast talk show, the premise was that Space Ghost had recruited his imprisoned archnemesis Zorak and the then virtually unknown Brak to assist him in hosting a variety show.
I was a big fan of Cartoon Planet and Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast back in the day. So much so, in fact, that when Rhino Records released some CDs with songs and skits from Cartoon Planet, I rushed right out and bought them and, of course, listened to them.

Recently, I dug them out again, mainly as something to listen to with my daughter during our morning commute.

Now...I'm not real sure where I stand on the whole 'nature vs. nurture' debate. I kinda think that both heredity and environment influence an individual's personality, but no one knows for sure. What I do know is this:

My daughter and I share the same favorite track on the first Space Ghost CD. Here's the video version:



What this says about either one of us, or both of us, I don't know. I do know, however, that I might hafta go get that third Brak album, because, really -- how can I deny that pleasure to either one of us?